Friday, May 11, 2007

TGIF

Its Friday,yes thank God its Friday ! Friday is always special and today its a little bit more special because next week i'll be going to Saudi Arabia for some business purposes-and hopefully,insyaAllah to do my Umrah ! Its been hectic the last few months,a culmination of work,personal responsiblities and professional commitments. Because of the work load my time at the surau has been getting less and less. I feel sad actually but sometimes meetings and work carry over towards magrhib...by the time i get out of office im totally zonk. But i realize that this is not good for me on the spiritual side. I guess its something that you have to work with. Iman is not a constant ! Abt my trip to Saudi it has been changed three times, the dates ! Just to accomodate the VIP's ,im pissed ! I know im not suppose to be,but its difficult to make plans if the dates keep on changing. The trip which is suppose to take place in April has changed because so many times...
Friday thus makes you think more about Allah swt than normal days and there r many sources that testify to this. So we should make the effort to muhasabah ourselves on this day,what we have accomplished in the last few days of the previous week etc. Ive got to decide on my business,where r we going what needs to be done,how long should we stay in this business as the cost of staying in business is rather high ! But its also ibadah as we provide rezeki to others of course Gods rezk,we r just the channel. Anyways...time to get to work!!!

No comments: