Wednesday, March 10, 2010

money n friends...

1.What is it about life that makes it interesting ?




A friend that you have not met for five years appears in front of your door and wants to chat ? Didn't know how to react,surprised to say the least,I certainly was not in the mood,its been a long day and emotional confrontation wasn't exactly my priority.




He borrowed some money from me some years ago ( 5 to be exact ) and wanted to pay some, told me all the reasons why he has remained silent and why he cant pay me then and why he still cant pay in full now. Wanted to pay me 10% of what he owed.




Was full of regret and told me that he has lost lots of friends and did not want to lose me as a friend as well( hmm...not sure about that).Initially i just listen, I certainly don't believe that you should kick a guy when he is down and ...almost out...


My biggest disappointment was not because he did not pay but the fact that he did not contact me these last few years to explain and try to make me understand the problems he was facing...




We go a long way back,friends should be honest enough to each other. I don't really know how to react,partly because I was numb to whatever was said...and the fact that he was nearly in tears,made me felt sorry for him...but nothing more.




Its also sad that money is a factor in so many things today.Misunderstandings,leading to quarrels and break in relationship can all be attributed( partly) to money.A lot of people( friends) owe me money,easily amounting to the thousands,when i lend these monies it was truly for friends who are in trouble ( not so sure now...) but i do feel taken advantage of...




2...read this quotation somewhere..."Even God doesnt judge others until our lives are over.Why should we ?

2 comments:

ynnajiga said...

When we forgive, we are the stronger person, the wiser person, the better person.

And you are certainly all that ;-)

sanzamo said...

tq dear,for your vote of confidence...